Promoting effective judicial accountability mechanisms in Moldova
10/02/2014 - 31/05/2015
Soros Foundation – Moldova
Contribute to enhancing judicial accountability in Moldova
- Improving the efficiency and transparency of the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) from the perspective of organization of its sittings and the procedure for adoption of decisions;
- Improvement of the legal and institutional framework for the disciplinary responsibility of judges.
- Providing technical assistance to SCM in drafting regulations to streamline the organization of the CSM meetings and the adoption of decisions, especially with regard to relieving the CSM “Plenum”, setting the quorum for the adoption of decisions, indicating the quorum and the distribution of votes in decisions, and the deliberation procedure;
- Providing assistance to strengthen the capacity of CSM members and secretariat to streamline internal procedures;
- Monitoring CSM meetings;
- Conducting an analysis on transparency and efficiency in the organization of meetings and the procedure for adopting CSM decisions in 2014;
- Develop a policy brief to promote the adoption of the draft law on disciplinary responsibility of judges and undertake other advocacy activities in this regard;
- Support for capacity building of the Disciplinary Board members and drafting the activity regulation;
- Organizing workshops for lawyers and media representatives to present the new judge`s disciplinary liability system;
- Monitoring the activity of the Judge`s Disciplinary Board;
- Develop an internal analysis on the work of the Disciplinary Board in 2014;
- Discussing the LRCM`s findings other representatives of civil society.