General objective: The project purpose is to improve rule of law and accountability of the justice system in Moldova via active civil society oversight and participation in decision-making processes.
– Build the capacities of Moldovan NGOs and youth organizations to proactively oversee policies, legislative initiatives and other reforms in the justice sector, as well as to monitor and report potential corruption, corrupt practices and institutional abuses in government;
– Identify, train, and engage a critical mass of Moldovan professionals, students, and citizens in order to gradually empower them to become civic activists in monitoring the justice sector reforms, including courts, prosecutors, lawyers, anticorruption and relevant legislation.
– Monitoring of anticorruption reform initiatives and reactions;
– Monitoring of key appointments in the prosecution service and National Integrity Authority;
– Monitoring of high profile corruption cases;
– Anticorruption training for NGOs and journalists and mentoring;
– Assistance to investigative journalists;
– LRCM monitoring the activity of the Superior Council of Prosecutors;
– Organize meetings for judges, prosecutors, lawyers and students with experts to discuss the problems in reforming justice system and combating corruption;
– Conduct public lectures with students from Cahul and Balti Universities;
– Conduct a summer school for students on justice, anticorruption and human rights;
– Production and dissemination of anticorruption video-clips;
– Production and dissemination of rule of law and anticorruption infographics;
– Survey among legal specialists about justice reform and fight against corruption.