Direct beneficiaries: Civil society organizations; Judges, prosecutors, lawyers; Superior Council of Magistracy; Parliament; Government.
Indirect beneficiaries: Society of the Republic of Moldova.
General objective: The project purpose is to improve rule of law and accountability of the justice system in Moldova via active civil society oversight and participation in decision-making processes.
– To promote an enabling environment for civil society organizations (CSOs);
– To increase the accountability and transparency of the Moldovan justice system;
– To promote effective implementation of European human rights standards in Moldova;
– To strengthen the institutional capacity and to ensure the sustainability of LRCM.
– Improving legislation on the registration and operation of CSOs and advocacy for improving civil society participation in decision-making at the level of the Parliament;
– Monitoring of the appointments/elections in the judiciary self-administration bodies and of appointments and promotions of judges;
– Analyzing the justice reform initiatives, judicial practice and their impact on the society;
– Identifying strategic cases for litigation before the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR);
– Monitoring and promoting effective execution of ECtHR judgments by Moldova;
– Delivering seminars for judges, lawyers, & prosecutors on ECtHR jurisprudence;
– Advocacy for the amendment of the legal framework for ensuing equality and non-discrimination;
– Advocacy for strengthening the national non-discrimination mechanism;
– Public reactions on problematic initiatives concerning justice and human rights;
– Strengthening the institutional capacity of LRCM to react promptly to initiatives within the area of expertise;
– Strengthening cooperation between LRCM and its partners, including mass-media.