Support the reform of the Civil Code of Moldova
1/05/2014 - 31/07/2015
US Embassy to Moldova
Contribute to the reform of the civil justice system in Moldova
- Identify the major areas for change regarding the Civil Code;
- Develop a set of proposals regarding the amendment of the Civil Code and submit them to the Ministry of Justice.
- Contract the expert-coordinator and develop the working plan for the members of the Working Group (WG) that will reflect, develop and propose necessary amendments on all parts of the Civil Code;
- Identify the needs for amendments and draft relevant amendments/ comments;
- Participate at the WG meetings and assist the expert-coordinator that will incorporate the comments provided by the members of the WG;
- Present the draft law on amending the Civil Code to the leadership of the MoJ in order to initiate public consultations in preparation of the draft law amending the Civil Code.