Promoting equality – Strengthening the agents of change
1/02/2014 - 31/01/2016
The European Union represented by the European Union Delegation to Moldova
EUR 256.500,24 (total EUR 271.000,24)
Enhance respect for the equality principle and fight against discrimination in Moldova through promoting of legal and practice improvements and by capacitating school teachers, social workers and the legal community to act as agents for change.
- Analyse the compatibility of the Moldovan legislation and practice with the EU anti-discrimination acquis with the purpose of recommending improvements;
- Create an equality kit for continuous training of school teachers on equality and non-discrimination and train the future trainers;
- Create an equality kit for continuous training of social workers and train the future trainers.
- Carrying out a compatibility analysis of the Moldovan legislation and practice with the EU anti-discrimination regulations, identify gaps and required improvements and advocate for legislative and practice improvements, organizing two hands-on workshops with legal community representatives to discuss the challenges in applying the law and further formulate policy, legal and practice improvements;
- Development of the equality kit for school teachers. The kit will include a training of trainers (ToT) module, the training curricula and a resource guide and 7 trainings carried out by the trained trainers for teachers;
- Development of the equality kit for social workers. The kit will include a ToT module, the training curricula and a resource guide and 5 trainings carried out by the trained trainers for social workers;
- Development of 2 guides on equality and non-discrimination targeting one the legal community and the other for the general public.