SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
The selected expert will help the organization diversify its funding base by proposing new fundraising approaches that work considering the profile of the organisation, the country specific context and the existing/potential available mechanisms.
The Expert should:
- perform the desk review of the current LRCM policies, regulations and practices in place, as well as of the fundraising opportunities in the priority areas for LRCM; if necessary, consider one visit to Moldova;
- develop, in consultation with LRCM, the draft long term fundraising strategy, identifying funding requirements and opportunities, specific fundraising activities and their timing, as well as responsibilities for fundraising within the organisation;
- deliver expertise and consult LRCM on how to diversify and improve its funding base, by proposing new fundraising approaches that work, considering the profile of the organisation, the country specific context and the existing/potential available mechanisms.
- design a clear fundraising sustainable strategy, identifying requirements and ways of funding opportunities. Recommend funding activities and their timing.
The strategy shall be presented in English or Romanian.
The period of assignment will be up to 15 working days, depending on expert’s fees and action plan from October to November 2019, with the final strategy to be delivered by 15 December 2019.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EXPERT:
- university degree in finance or another relevant field. A master or PhD degree in these fields or any relevant fundraising studies will be considered as an advantage;
- record of participation in assignments of similar size and degree of complexity is as an advantage;
- relevant professional experience (up to 5 years; experience with non-profit organization will be considered as an advantage);
- knowledge of country specific context (Moldova / Central East European region) will be considered as an advantage;
- experience of fundraising activity;
- proficiency in English. Excellent writing and analytical methods and skills;
- good personal and corporate reputation and integrity.
The cumulative method will be applied in the evaluation of the applications. The contract will be awarded to the candidate achieving the highest cumulative score from the technical and financial parts of the proposal. The technical proposal accounts for 70% of the total score and the financial proposal will account for 30% of the total evaluation score.
The offers will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevant professional experience (experience with non-profit organization will be considered as an advantage) and fundraising experience
- Knowledge of country specific context (Moldova / Central East European region)
Offers may be submitted by individual candidates and/or legal entities. The signed and dated offer must sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the LRCM premises, 33, A. Sciusev street, Chisinau, MD-2001, by 19 September 2019, including the following components:
- the copy of the registration certificate/extract for the legal person and the updated CV of the candidates, together with a Cover letter, which will contain: (1) interest in the assignment and a short description of previous portfolios/beneficiaries; (2) the name and contact details of two reference persons;
- proposed action plan to achieve the key deliverables;
- financial offer in USD, with the breakdown of costs (consultancy fee per number of anticipated working days, including costs for per diems, accommodation, travel to Moldova (1 (one) return trip). The offers presented in another currency will be converted at the official exchange rate of the National Bank of Moldova at the deadline date for submitting the offer.
For Moldovan candidates: (a) companies are invited to send their financial offers with the application of the VAT exemption with deduction right. The confirmative documents for VAT exemption will be presented by the beneficiary; (b) individual candidates – net amounts.
For foreign individual candidates/companies, if selected, the tax resident certificate issued by the relevant tax authority of the origin country will be requested. Upon presentation of the certificate of residence for tax purposes based on the Convention for the avoidance of double taxation, the Expert will have the sole responsibility for the payment of all applicable taxes relating to Expert and Expert’s employees arising from payments to be received.
(!) Individual successful candidates should justify the requested fees by filling in a form (Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet in line with USAID requirements) indicating the fees received for similar services from at least three contractors, with the attachment of the supporting documents.
- Declaration on conflicts of interest. In case of a conflict of interests, real or potential, with the members or employees of the LRCM, the bidder is obliged to declare it in a written document enclosed with the application.
For further information, please contact us at +373 22 843601 ext.110 or e-mail: email@example.com
NOTE: LRCM reserves the right not to choose any candidate in case the offers received will not meet the desired requirements mentioned in this ToR or its budget.
This activity is carried out under the project Promoting the Rule of Law in Moldova through Civil Society Oversight, with the financial support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).