EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR THE CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
Terms of Reference for Fundraising Expert to assist LRCM team in developing a long term fundraising strategy and sustainability plan to help the organization diversify its funding base.
LRCM hereby extends the tender submission deadline to 8 October 2019.
The total budget for the overall assignment activity should not exceed the amount of USD 9,000 (including any relevant travel, accommodation or consultancy costs).
The Legal Resources Centre from Moldova (LRCM) is a non-profit organization that contributes to strengthening democracy and the rule of law in the Republic of Moldova with emphasis on justice and human rights. Our work includes research and advocacy. We are independent and politically non-affiliated.
LRCM aims to ensure a funding portfolio and mechanisms that are fairly balanced and contribute to secure the organization long term financial sustainability. Although, over the last years the organisation has undertaken some specific actions to enhance budgeting policies, the current LRCM budget still remains mostly project based.
This activity is carried out under the project Promoting the Rule of Law in Moldova through Civil Society Oversight, with the financial support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT:
The selected expert will help the organization diversify its funding base by proposing new fundraising approaches that work considering the profile of the organisation, the country specific context and the existing/potential available mechanisms.
The Expert should:
- perform the desk review of the current LRCM policies, regulations and practices in place, as well as of the fundraising opportunities in the priority areas for LRCM; if necessary, consider one visit to Moldova;
- develop, in consultation with LRCM, the draft long term fundraising strategy, identifying funding requirements and opportunities, specific fundraising activities and their timing, as well as responsibilities for fundraising within the organisation;
- deliver expertise and consult LRCM on how to diversify and improve its funding base, by proposing new fundraising approaches that work, considering the profile of the organisation, the country specific context and the existing/potential available mechanisms.
- design a clear fundraising sustainable strategy, identifying requirements and ways of funding opportunities. Recommend funding activities and their timing.
The strategy shall be presented in English or Romanian.
The period of assignment will be up to 16 working days, depending on expert’s fees and action plan from October to December 2019, with the final strategy to be delivered by 25 December 2019.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EXPERT:
- university degree in finance or another relevant field. A master or PhD degree in these fields or any relevant fundraising studies will be considered as an advantage;
- record of participation in assignments of similar size and degree of complexity is as an advantage;
- relevant professional experience (up to 5 years; experience with non-profit organization will be considered as an advantage);
- knowledge of country specific context (Moldova / Central East European region) will be considered as an advantage;
- experience of fundraising activity;
- proficiency in English. Excellent writing and analytical methods and skills;
- good personal and corporate reputation and integrity.
The cumulative method will be applied in the evaluation of the applications. The contract will be awarded to the candidate achieving the highest cumulative score from the technical and financial parts of the proposal. The technical proposal accounts for 70% of the total score and the financial proposal will account for 30% of the total evaluation score. The calculation criteria of the Financial Offer will be based on a percentage proportion, awarding 100% (equivalent to 30 points) to the lowest financial bid submitted.
The offers will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Relevant professional experience (experience with non-profit organization will be considered as an advantage) and fundraising experience
Knowledge of country specific context (Moldova / Central East European region)
Offers may be submitted by individual candidates and/or legal entities. The signed and dated offer must sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the LRCM premises, 33, A. Sciusev street, Chisinau, MD-2001, by 8 October 2019, including the following components:
- the copy of the registration certificate/extract for the legal person and the updated CV of the candidates, together with a Cover letter, which will contain: (1) interest in the assignment and a short description of previous portfolios/beneficiaries; (2) the name and contact details of two reference persons;
- proposed action plan to achieve the key deliverables;
- financial offer in USD, with the breakdown of costs (consultancy fee per number of anticipated working days, including costs for per diems, accommodation, local travel and travel to Moldova (1 (one) return trip). The offers presented in another currency will be converted at the official exchange rate of the National Bank of Moldova at the deadline date for submitting the offer.
For Moldovan candidates: (a) companies are invited to send their financial offers with the application of the VAT exemption with deduction right. The confirmative documents for VAT exemption will be presented by the beneficiary; (b) individual candidates – net amounts.
For foreign individual candidates/companies, if selected, the tax resident certificate issued by the relevant tax authority of the origin country will be requested. Upon presentation of the certificate of residence for tax purposes based on the Convention for the avoidance of double taxation, the Expert will have the sole responsibility for the payment of all applicable taxes relating to Expert and Expert’s employees arising from payments to be received.
(!) Individual successful candidates should justify the requested fees by filling in a form (Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet in line with USAID requirements) indicating the fees received for similar services from at least three contractors, with the attachment of the supporting documents.
- Declaration on conflicts of interest. In case of a conflict of interests, real or potential, with the members or employees of the LRCM, the bidder is obliged to declare it in a written document enclosed with the application.
For further information, please contact us at +373 22 843601 ext.110 or e-mail: email@example.com
The LRCM is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage application from all qualifying candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status or other category protected by law.
NOTE: The LRCM reserves the right not to choose any candidate in case the offers received will not meet the desired requirements mentioned in this ToR or its budget.