Ethical dilemmas in the judiciary of Moldova
1/10/2017 - 30/04/2018
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Romania
- To facilitate a better understanding of the act of justice and, indirectly, discuss the ethical dilemmas encountered by the judges portrayed in the movies;
- To initiate discussions on ethical standards existing in Moldova’s judiciary system by reaching out to professionals as well as young minds, in initial vocational training;
- To launch debates on why it is important not only to adopt proper laws, but to ensure that judges and legal professionals have ownership of ethical standards and values;
- To shed some light on the importance of ethical standards and values in exercising legal profession.
- Organize screenings of a series of short films 'Kijken in de ziel' (litt. „Gazing into the soul”) produced by a Dutch journalist, Coen Verbraak, for the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) and Superior Council of Prosecutors (SCP) and its Colleges, the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) students and law faculty students, followed by debates with invited experts.