Analysis of discrimination phenomenon in employment in the Republic of Moldova
1/10/2013 - 28/02/2015
Soros Foundation – Moldova
Developing and strengthening the public policies to combat employment discrimination
- Analysis on compatibility of the national legislation in the field of employment with CoE and EU standards on discrimination and promoting the necessary amendments to enhance the national legal framework;
- Representation in court and before the Council for Prevention and Elimination of Discrimination and Ensuring the Equality of employment discrimination cases on different protected criteria, especially: opinion, health, gender, sexual orientation, language, age;
- Promoting non-discriminatory practices in the field of employment by developing, publishing and disseminating awareness tools practical and useful for both stakeholders and those affected by employment discrimination.
- Analysis on the compatibility of national legislation on employment discrimination with CoE and EU standards and promoting conclusions and recommendations through a series of concrete actions of advocacy to relevant institutions, the media and society;
- Identify causes of employment discrimination on different protected criteria, especially language, health, gender, sexual orientation and age and representation of discrimination victims before courts and the Council for Prevention and Elimination of Discrimination and Ensuring the Equality;
- Develop, publish and disseminate some practical tools on non-discrimination and equality in employment and as beneficiaries are employers and civil society in general (practical guides, database of relevant legislation, map of the relevant institutions, template for complain before the courts and Council on the prevention and elimination of discrimination and ensuring the equality) and organize a meeting with the media to raise awareness on the employment discrimination.