Promoting effective implementation of the European Court of Human Rights judgments by Moldova
1/07/2015 - 31/08/2016
Open Society Foundations (OSF), Human Rights Initiative
Contributing to the improvement of the level of observance of human rights in Moldova through the effective implementation of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR)
- Combating systemic violations of human rights in Moldova.
- Creation in Moldova of an efficient mechanism for execution of ECtHR judgments.
- Facilitation of the Committee of Ministers oversight of execution by Moldova of the ECtHR judgments.
- Raising awareness about the ECtHR.
- Advocacy for strengthening national legal standards against torture.
- Strategic litigation before the ECtHR.
- Advocacy for the adoption and implementation of the new Law on Governmental Agent and of the draft Rules for Parliamentary Supervision of Execution of ECHR Judgments.
- Drafting two submissions to the Committee of Ministers on execution by Moldova of ECtHR judgments.
- Three small scale events to inform the relevant stakeholders and mass media on the issues and recommendations formulated in our submissions to the Committee of Ministers.
- One meeting or audio conference with representatives of the Department of Execution at the Committee of Ministers in Strasbourg, France.
- Publish the analysis of the activity of the ECtHR in 2015 concerning Moldova.
- Organization of a three-day advanced training for up to 15 lawyers active in applying the ECHR.